Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Finally

It’s 2 1/2 weeks since I did any work with the boys. Today I got my fix!
Chapsi and I headed up the hill through the village, saying hi to Beethoven (the St Bernard) on the way. I decided that, instead of moaning about how little passing traffic there is, I would turn up towards the farm and go visit Christophe’s yard (he’s my neighbour the builder). We did lots of snorting at heaps of sand and other aggregates and then did some targeting of the lorry, diggers and trailers. He coped very well and so we headed home, stopping on the way to chat to a neighbour. The only blotting of his copybook was a big snorting dragon impression at the neighbours barrow filled with hedge clippings. Still very pleased with him though as he hasn’t done a thing for so long. The targeting has made him very brave; he will snort first and then creep up to the offending object and touch it with his nose. He’s quite upset that this doesn’t automatically lead to a click if I haven’t given the touch cue; horses are so much cleverer than us eh?

4 comments:

Claire said...

LOL!

good on him!

Di said...

Glad you're back on track, that's a long time without a fix! :-)

SheilaF said...

So glad you're feeling better. Flight is too! Went out into the field this morning like a rocket. No lameness shown!! Still very slightly swollen, but bandaging at night helps that. She'll live!

HorseOfCourse said...

Hahaha - clever boy!
All brave boys should have a snack, of course they should!