Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feel so Different

I just love the arrangement of the strings on this Sinéad O'Connor track. The opening lyrics......

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.....

just sum up my recent feelings about my riding/training. The world of horses and their training is filled with ego and self confidence on one hand but humility and doubt on the other. I have no need of ego but the right mix of the other three is, I feel, essential. If there is a god I hope he will grant me at least a little of each. More thoughts when i have time.

2 comments:

Di said...

I love the sound of her voice, great singer!!

Are you ok? :-)

trudi said...

Yes i'm cool Di, just resisting the urge to get on my soapbox, lol