Saturday, April 17, 2010

my little pony

Good couple of days with the boys, sunshine does help! Rode Moo in the school and worked him in my newly customised bosal; I've covered the nose band with sheepskin (top and underneath) and it retains it's aiding system but everything is just milder. I've been working on flexions in hand combined with the moving massage and it seems to be paying off as his lateral flexion is now building into a rounder feel over his back and neck and we have moments where it feels really through in the trot work. We finished with a wander down the track and round the feel to cool off.

Chapsi lunged today; it's a bit weird with a line again but he picks everything up so quickly and today we worked on walk/trot transitions and moving changes of direction (basically just asking him to pass in front of me to change the rein).
To finish the school work I finally swung my leg over and sat on him, he didn't move bless him except to try and swat some pesky flies.


3 comments:

bellecroix said...

Caught you Trudi......whispering in Chapiro's ear whilst getting your leg over ;-)

Super vid

Di said...

Just seen this on EE, Chapiro looks great, what a good boy he is standing so still.

Claire said...

he was posing for the camera quite well, LOL...