Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter sun and a friend to play with

Yay!!! Di came over this afternoon and the sun shined on us......
I'm hoping that Di may give me a few words to say about this afternoon but basically we nattered (lots) and played pones with Moralejo. It was really good to see someone else on him and to see the corrections I've been making actually work for someone else too. He looks incredibly *up* and proud and carries his back well throughout all the higher hand work and I think Di found him rather nice to ride as he is so responsive. We had some great walk work, still not consistent enough but getting there and Di experienced his tension in the trot but luckily, like I've said before, he really isn't scary just full of raw energy. Like she said, you can learn such a lot from a horse like him. Here's hoping then :-)
We finished the afternoon with a cup of tea , sorry it was French tea Di :-( and some cakes that Di treated us to. In all a fab day and I'm all keen to continue so that the next time Di comes over we have improved some more. Hopefully we can continue being *eyes on the ground* for each other and I can repay the favour with Di's mare Anky.

6 comments:

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

Thanks for a lovely afternoon. Good eyes on the ground and a wonderfully responsive horse to ride! What more can anyone ask for.

Riding a horse like Moo makes you realise how much you need control of your whole body (need a little work there then!!) and it was a great experience, thank you. I think it's going to be a very rewarding process for you.

I'll take you up on your offer, Trudi, I think I may need help with my squirmy, backward thinking mare!!!

Claire said...

makes a huge difference having a friend there!

epona said...

YAY for friends!!! Hopefully one day I can be your eyes to!! ****dreams****

trudi said...

Yes, friends are great!! Thanks again Di and I'll try and get over in the next couple of weeks.
Vicky, Patrick is in the throes of doing the spare room...2009 is going to be your year so make sure and include a trip to France.

Claire said...

and you'll love it, vicki, once you get there!